Can't stay logged in

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mister two

Can't stay logged in

Post by mister two »

When logging in I always tick the 'remember me' box so I don't need to enter my username and password each time

But it rarely works. Sometimes I stay logged in for a couple of days, sometimes a few hours. But most times it forgets me as soon as I close the page

Iv never had this problem on any other forum

I'm browsing on my iPhone using ios7 if that makes a difference

Anyone else have this problem?
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Re: Can't stay logged in

Post by Jaspa »

I have this on my work PC, not bothered to investigate it further yet but it's the device/browser, not the forum unfortunately.

You could try clearing history/cookies etc on the phone and trying again?

Stuart
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
mister two

Post by mister two »

I actually just cleared my cookies and history before posting that so il see how it goes over the next few days
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

I have the same issue using my iPhone, but all is OK on my iPad and Mac.
I put it down to something quirky on the iPhone iOS system.

It does remember the password using keychain though so once you start to type it, it fills the boxes in.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
mister two

Post by mister two »

I never had the username or password saved in keychain. But since clearing my cookies it has been fine
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Same problem with my work laptop using windows 7 and internet explorer.. I don`t get the problem with this home laptop running windows XP Service Pack 3 and Firefox. Strange! I think it likes the old skool software! :lol: 8)
mister two

Post by mister two »

Iv been fine now since clearing my cookies. Been logged in since I started this thread on Wednesday
mister two

Post by mister two »

Just jinxed myself- didn't work this time lol
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

i had the same issue, inw7 x64 and IE 11. I had ccCleaner do a clean and remove the cookies for here (run every week to clean up the dross of browsing), never had an issue on any other forum / website but here. Now I use Comodo IceDragon browser so will see how that pans out
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Cookies are time dependent. The time and date must be correct on your device for them to work.

Clearing cookies on logout / closing browser is an option in most browsers - make sure it's not checked. In Internet Explorer on a work PC this may be enforced, as may mandatory profiles which could clear your profile every time you log off, which would have the same effect.

End of the day, it's a browser issue - the server gives it a cookie to identify itself but it's down to the browser to present this back to the server and say 'this is who I am'. And it's not an iPhone/iOS issue as iOS is the same on an iPhone and iPad - it's something on that iPhone that's causing the issue. Things like enabling 'do not track' in browsers can affect this.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
mister two

Post by mister two »

That's the technical answer I was looking for lol

'Do not track' was off on my phone so I have enabled it, will see how that affects it
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Sorry, wrong way around. I meant if do not track is switched on it can cause problems!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

If i log in i stayed loged in till i leave or 2 hours is up 8-[

Not sure if that helps #-o
mister two

Post by mister two »

toxo wrote:Sorry, wrong way around. I meant if do not track is switched on it can cause problems!

Ah ok that's not where I'm going wrong then it was already off lol. Any other suggestions?

Return to “Club News and Announcements”