[All] [Generic] Group Buy - Meister R Coilovers.

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MeisterR

Re: [All] [Generic] Group Buy - Meister R Coilovers.

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:Thanks! Do I just wait or is there something I should fill out?

Just wait for further update on when our shipment is due to arrive.

Edwin
ggpippas

Post by ggpippas »

Hi all you may remember me as the person from page 3 who ordered a set of MeisterR's back in Oct 13 and ive been happy with them ever since.

I had the car corner weighted and because of the weight balance of an MR2 the optimum height is essentially set at stock. The additional height also allows the damper to go through its full range of movement.

In terms of comfort they are excellent. You can barely tell the difference between stock and these. Road handling is significantly improved over stock. Also they get better after a couple of months as they start to free up and settle.

On the track they are also very good but if you really want a track monster with slicks then the these are possibly too soft. You can set the damper to its maximum hardness to reduce body roll but at this point the spring felt out of its optimum performance range. My track preference was around the 23 to 25 clicks mark using semi-slick road legal tyres. I found that you need that bit of body roll to get good heat into the tyres. I also run different damping front to rear.

Personally I made a spreadsheet noting down the number of clicks and then just going for a drive and writing down what i felt. The difference between max soft and max hard is huge so most people should be able to find something that they like. Also they way the front to rear hardness affects the handling is very interesting.

Some people might think they want the hardest spring and damper going without slicks you overload the tyres and they will overheat.

With the MeisterR i found they were a very good all rounder for the road and track.

As for aesthetics i couldnt care less. I havent looked recently but i dont think mine are flaking. As for the locking nuts seizing this is common to every coilover. Just ask anyone who runs coilovers from any company. Do i care? No. The car has been corner weighted. I have no intention of changing the ride height.

I think thats everything i can think of for now.
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Got these on my car now.

I had bc coilovers before. Last turbo. I can say these feel alot better then them. I also i paid £850 for the bc, the only difference was they had rear pillow ball top mounts. Which are probably a waste for my driving.

This would be my 1st mod if i was to ever own a different mr2. This is road use btw, not track.

Great shocks easy to adjust. I could rotate the main thead by hand when i was lowering them. No need for the spanner only to lock. Would say they seem lighter then oem. Without scales tho, so dont quote me on this.
ashley

Post by ashley »

ggpippas wrote: The additional height also allows the damper to go through its full range of movement.

You alter the ride height by moving the lower srping platform, so this should have zero effect on the range of available damper movement- unless I misunderstand?
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

ashley wrote:
ggpippas wrote: The additional height also allows the damper to go through its full range of movement.

You alter the ride height by moving the lower srping platform, so this should have zero effect on the range of available damper movement- unless I misunderstand?

the height is adjusted by winding the threaded damper body into the lower cup, the spring should be set up with zero preload, i.e the lower platform just nipped up to hold the spring in place.

altering the ride height via the spring perch will obviously effect spring preload/damper droop

although I'm pretty sure that's the point you were making too?
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
bigdave247

Post by bigdave247 »

hi all just a quick question, is the kit supposed to come with four drop links as my kit only came with two cheers dave :)
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

they come with two new fronts, reuse the rears.
bigdave247

Post by bigdave247 »

Ok cheers :)
fred130111

Post by fred130111 »

I am very interested in this.

However what are they like on the hardest setting? I don't really care about crashy ride etc just want something that can be set firm with very little body roll.

Also how much do they lower by maximum?
wenguin

Post by wenguin »

I'm interested in these as an alternative to buying OEM KYB struts, top mounts and drop links.

My only issue is that I'm worried they won't fit without spacers with my new wheels, can anyone shed some light/experience?

Wheels are 17", 8J front and 9J rear with ET35 front and ET38 rear offsets. I don't have tyres for them yet, but was planning on 215/40 and 235/40.
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Hey Edwin,

any news on how far along the new production run is?
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:Hey Edwin,

any news on how far along the new production run is?

Hi Guys,

I did chase the production before the holidays and it has taken longer than expected but we have an approximate time of end of May. Thanks for your patience.
However some people on the list have not taken up the offer and I think we have given enough time for them to purchase. So those who want to purchase now we still have a few sets in stock ready for delivery.

Edwin
OwenK

Post by OwenK »

I want a set! Edwin, PMd you. How soon can I get them?
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

This offer is still running and coilovers are in stock.
Edwin
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Fantastic!! How do we order and pay again? :lol:
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:Fantastic!! How do we order and pay again? :lol:

Hi,

2 people in the top 9 of the list didn't place their order. We have assumed they decided not to go ahead as there has been a reasonable of time.

So we still have 2 sets in stock for this offer which you can use the 20% discount code IMOCGB20 place your order here http://www.cyberspeeds.com/index.php?ma ... cts_id=317

Edwin
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Hi Edwin. Thanks for the info :-)

Sorry to sound like a dick but is there any way to pay without having to pay to be able to pay? (Surcharge for credit cards) ;-)
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:Hi Edwin. Thanks for the info :-)

Sorry to sound like a dick but is there any way to pay without having to pay to be able to pay? (Surcharge for credit cards) ;-)

That is the card fee, only way to avoid it is to use your debit card.
Edwin
mr2magic

Post by mr2magic »

Damn....I'm in Germany and my debit card isn't accepted :-(

Nevermind....I'll just have to pay extra then.
MeisterR

Post by MeisterR »

mr2magic wrote:Damn....I'm in Germany and my debit card isn't accepted :-(

Nevermind....I'll just have to pay extra then.

I'll drop you a PM.
Edwin

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”