N9THX Reactivated

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

N9THX Reactivated

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Nathan's account has been reactivated after the conclusion of his court case with GTS Chris.

To clarify the previous status of his account it was suspended rather than banned.

Our apologies to Nathan for the crossed wires.
Steve-O 2007

Re: N9THX Reactivated

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

what was the court case about or are we not allowed to know?
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:what was the court case about or are we not allowed to know?

Soz I should have included the link

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=147841
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Limeymk1 wrote:
Steve-O 2007 wrote:what was the court case about or are we not allowed to know?

Soz I should have included the link

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=147841

ahh that one. What was the out come or are we not allowed to know that part? :lol: :thumleft:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

It went in Nathan's favour, I believe.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Tsia wrote:It went in Nathan's favour, I believe.

Yup, I'm not aware of the fine details though.
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

So on what grounds was Nathan suspended ?

Was GTSChris also suspended ?
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

from what i read on here it was down to N9THX talking about the case a lot on here before it was decided, GTS chris as far as i can tell wasnt suspended

all of that of course could be balls :D
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Aye Nathan was suspended more for his own protection than anything else, we thought that discussion and publication of details could potentially jeopardise the court case.

Hope that answers all the questions.
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Did I imagine Nathan replying here the other day :-s ?
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I recall that also.

Seems extremely fishy to me.

As paying member I feel an explanation is needed?
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

dazzz wrote:As paying member I feel an explanation is needed?

IIRC, he posted a statement based on nothing other than hearsay and of no relevance to anyone except a 3rd party and a trader.

Hence it was deleted.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I'd say it was relevant. As a premium member I want to know how traders affiliated with imoc handle situations when they go wrong. I want to know if other members are having issues before I make a purchase and suffer the same fate.

Any moron can send out a good part from a shelf but the real valuable knowledge is how they treat their customers when things go to court.

IMO if a trader affiliated with imoc cannot handle their business without it getting to court action then that says everything. Sometimes court action cannot be avoided. Lets read between the lines though and apply some common sense.

I've heard traders on here make statements about other products purely on hear say. We all make assumptions from research and recommendations. That is the whole point of a forum, to discuss and share our knowledge.

I'd say the comments were removed due to imoc being xxxx scared of having legal action taken against them and the trader fees not being paid again.

We're the premium members and we pay for imoc. We enable the traders to sell their products to us. We the premium members are 100% the most important part of imoc and should be protected as such and be allowed to protect each other.

I ve always recommended imoc and its traders to new owners . I've always recommended sbits. I will continue to recommend sbits. I know of owners who have used affiliated traders based on my recommendations.
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

dazzz wrote:I'd say it was relevant. As a premium member I want to know how traders affiliated with imoc handle situations when they go wrong. I want to know if other members are having issues before I make a purchase and suffer the same fate.

Any moron can send out a good part from a shelf but the real valuable knowledge is how they treat their customers when things go to court.

IMO if a trader affiliated with imoc cannot handle their business without it getting to court action then that says everything. Sometimes court action cannot be avoided. Lets read between the lines though and apply some common sense.

I've heard traders on here make statements about other products purely on hear say. We all make assumptions from research and recommendations. That is the whole point of a forum, to discuss and share our knowledge.

I'd say the comments were removed due to imoc being xxxx scared of having legal action taken against them and the trader fees not being paid again.

We're the premium members and we pay for imoc. We enable the traders to sell their products to us. We the premium members are 100% the most important part of imoc and should be protected as such and be allowed to protect each other.

I ve always recommended imoc and its traders to new owners . I've always recommended sbits. I will continue to recommend sbits. I know of owners who have used affiliated traders based on my recommendations.

You make some valid comments Dazz.

The following comments are IMHO. Maybe a forum Admin may come along and post comments on behalf of IMOC.

1) The post was not posted by the complainant as it needs to be and was was nothing more than hearsay.

2) There are forum rules regarding how to deal with complaints about affiliate traders.

The original post did not comply with (1) or (2) therefore it was deleted.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

sad that this issue went as far as court, could have been avoided really :( GTSChris has/had a cracking reputation too.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
dazzz wrote:I'd say it was relevant. As a premium member I want to know how traders affiliated with imoc handle situations when they go wrong. I want to know if other members are having issues before I make a purchase and suffer the same fate.

You make some valid comments Dazz.

The following comments are IMHO. Maybe a forum Admin may come along and post comments on behalf of IMOC.

1) The post was not posted by the complainant as it needs to be and was was nothing more than hearsay.

2) There are forum rules regarding how to deal with complaints about affiliate traders.

The original post did not comply with (1) or (2) therefore it was deleted.

Would it be possible for you Pete ,or anyone else,to point me in the direction of these rules?
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

dazzz wrote:Would it be possible for you Pete ,or anyone else,to point me in the direction of these rules?

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94989
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I new you would post those rules.

If we're going to follow the rules then I'd have to point out Pete, those rules you have posted refer to posting in the trader feedback forum.

I will however quote the most defining get out clues for imoc from the posted rules.

"If someone starts a thread about an Affiliates's goods/services anywhere other than TF - the thread will be deleted or moved at the Moderator's discretion "

1) the thread was not started about an affiliates goods or services.

2) Do we even need to expand on 'moderators discretion'.

Seems to me the discretion of moderators is used to protect traders and not the members.

I know other premium members who feel the same but are worried the moderators may use their discretion to ban them if they post there true findings and ongoing problems.
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

dazzz wrote:If we're going to follow the rules then I'd have to point out Pete, those rules you have posted refer to posting in the trader feedback forum.

"If someone starts a thread about an Affiliates's goods/services anywhere other than TF - the thread will be deleted or moved at the Moderator's discretion "

And IMHO, the OP knew that ife he posted in TF it would be deleted, so he posted elsewhere.

dazzz wrote:the thread was not started about an affiliates goods or services.

But the post was, which is why only the post was deleted.

Since i am not a moderator, i can't comment on mods' discretional powers.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
dazzz wrote:If we're going to follow the rules then I'd have to point out Pete, those rules you have posted refer to posting in the trader feedback forum.

And IMHO, the OP knew that ife he posted in TF it would be deleted, so he posted elsewhere.

dazzz wrote:the thread was not started about an affiliates goods or services.

But the post was, which is why only the post was deleted.

Since i am not a moderator, i can't comment on mods' discretional powers.

Surely not posting it in TF because it would be removed is following the rules.

Was his post about the goods and/or services or the fact he had been contacted by an unhappy member who now had to also now take this said affiliate to court.

We can go through the rules and argue both sides but the fish smell is still strong as ever.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”