This forum has been retired as of 22/Aug/2021. All threads are locked. Existing users cannot log in and new users cannot register.
It remains here for posterity, and so that old links still lead to content instead of an error message.
All forum threads were migrated to the new forum. Clicking to view a thread on this forum will take you to the same thread on the new forum.

Please click here to access the new forum: https://www.imoc.co.uk/
www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Knowledge Base 
 Active stereo wiring 
Description Rev 1 1990 G-Limited
Author BLZ-8027 Date Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:44 am Type Text How-To

Category Electrical
Views 8790
Active stereo wiring
Rev 1 1990 G-Limited
Hi
My car is a 1990 G-Limited with the active system ,but only one sub behind the passenger seat , and a single white plug behind the dash ,and with the AM aerial running down the windscreen
I have fitted an aftermarket stereo using the aftermarket loom adapter as can be bought for the active system (cant remember the part number ) This is how the wires relate to each other from the car, to the adapter and stereo

car to STEREO
red with silver dots FRONT SPEAKER(RCA)
blue with silver dots REAR SPEAKER (RCA)
brown with silver dots REAR SPEAKER (RCA)
yellow with silver dots NOT USED (BEEP)
white with silver dots FRONT SPEAKER (RCA)
black with silver dots TELEPHONE MUTE
green with silver dots (center of plug) LINKS THE EARTH ON SPEAKERS
brown with silver dots (thicker wire) EARTH
blue with brown stripe and silver dots LIVE
green with silver dots (one side of plug) NOT USED
pink with blue stripe and silver dots AMP REMOTE (needs live)
black with red stripe and silver dots ANTENNA PERMANENT
white with green stripe and silver dots NOT USED
Grey with red stripe and silver dots FUSED LIVE

In summary one side of the plug is the power and the other is the speakers , my speakers didn't work at first until i fed a live feed to the AMP REMOTE ,but i recommend this feed to be switched otherwise you will get a loud thump from the speakers as soon as ignition is switched on,And i used to get a constant buzz from the amp even without the stereo turned on due to a permanent live feed to the amp

Your stereo wires might differ from mine though and this is only a guide as to how mine is wired.
If it works for you might be worth making it a sticky for future reference hope it helps '

User comments 
oBladeo: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:25 am    

Hope this helps anyone

For wiring diagrams

Antenna

premium stereo

DB1: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:38 pm    

Well done those lads, saved me from butchering the wires with this little snippet!!!
Just to make things easier for some1 else following this, i have taken pics of the whole thing.
My car is a rev 1 na uk gt-tbar, with active system:
this is the car plug

here is the wire which needs the live feed (i used the blue or blue/white wire coming from the back of my aftermarket head-unit - the remote cable) it is the lowest wire in the picture (as previously mentioned it is blue/pink with silver dots)

here is the connection i created from the remote cable to the cars plug with some simple spade connectors
and some red wire

your rca plugs should connect to the back of the headunit, and so to the adapter to the cars loom also.
ENJOY!!! [Dancing]
Page 1 of 0 All times are GMT
Goto page  

Jump to: